Level 2 Coaching Course Applications Now Open
The AFL NSW/ACT Coaching Team wish to advise that applications for the 2020-21 intake of the Level 2 Coaching Course are now open.
Coaches must have completed a Level 1 course in youth or senior coaching with a minimum 12 months’ experience prior to gaining a level 2 accreditation. Please note Level 2 courses are conducted infrequently in NSW/ACT.
Ideally for coaches involved at a higher level (rep teams, development squads, etc.). For coaches with an aptitude and genuine interest in improving their coaching skills.
The Level 2 course is a two day course with an ongoing season long workbook to complete. The course focuses on preparing a coach to plan, prepare, conduct, review and adapt a year-long program of coaching. Coaches are assessed practically at training and in a match environment.
To apply, applicants will need to complete the online application form, click HERE.
Attached you will find a summary document outlining the course structure and delivery, course assessment, as well as the criteria for selection and applications process.
Applications will close Wednesday 23rd of December 2020.
Coaches wishing to nominate for the course should meet the following criteria:
- Hold a current AFL Foundation Level Coach accreditation for a minimum of two years
- Currently coaching in one of the AFL target group programs as listed for the specific stream below:
|AFL Club level||State/Talent & Community level|
· AFL Academy Coaches & AFL Talent Pathways
* AFL players looking to transition to coaching post playing will be considered.
· Experienced Senior/Youth Community Coaches
· Highly experienced Junior Community Coaches
* Coaching Managers, Development or Coordinator roles, where management of a coaching program and/or a panel of coaches is involved, will be considered.
- Evidence of a commitment to on-going education will be highly regarded when selecting between candidates of similar merit
- Preparedness to assist in AFL or State football development programs
- Endorsement from their Club, Academy or State body (i.e. State Coaching Development Lead)
2021 Course Dates & Delivery
The Level 2 Course will be delivered in two parts;
1) online, via virtual workshops,
2) via face-to-face learning.
Please note that places in the Level 2 course are limited so are places in each of the course dates.
The course is scheduled to take place on the following dates:
Elements 1 – 3
-Create a vision & philosophy
-Shape the environment
-Build Relationships & guide learning
-Coach at training
|Select one of the three 2021 preferences on the on-line form:
1 – Saturday February 6th
2 – Sunday February 21st
3 – Saturday February 27th
(all sessions will be conducted from 8:30am to 12:30pm)
|TWO||PRACTICAL FACE-TO-FACE LEARNING
-Coach at training
-Coach the game
-Personal learning & reflection
|TBC (during May period) 2021. These dates will be confirmed during part one of the course|
* Course dates and specific sessions are subject to change and will be dependent on confirmation of applicants, facilitators, and Coach Developers.
Successful applicants will be notified by January 18th 2021.
Should you have any questions regarding the Level 2 Course Application Process, please contact Ryan O’Keefe