The AFL National Inclusion Carnival is an annual representative carnival for male athletes with an intellectual disability.
The carnival not only gives some of Australia’s most talented footballers the chance to represent their State or Territory, but it is also an opportunity to showcase the significant abilities of footballers with an Intellectual Disability to the broader community. Click here to check out the 2018 National Inclusion Carnival video.
To qualify for a team, players must meet the below requirements:
– 16 years or older
– IQ 75 or below
– 2 x deficit areas of adaptive behaviour
– Intellectual Disability must be evident prior to the age of 18
– A formal psychological assessment
– A signed statement by a psychologist or doctor which confirms a diagnosis of intellectual disability
– Proof of attendance at a special school/college for students with intellectual disability
– Diagnosis by state or government receipt of support, clearly identifying the support required as resulting from intellectual disability
2020 National Inclusion Carnival
2020 National Inclusion Carnival will be held on June 27 – July 3 attracting teams from every state and territory in Australia.
AFL NSW/ACT is committed to sending a team of 16 players to the carnival to represent the AFL NSW/ACT atWork Australia Rams Inclusion side.
Soon to take place ‘Come and Try’ days will be held, please fill out the form below to express your interest to be involved. Everyone is welcome! No AFL experience required!
If you would like more information, please contact Leah Fitzgerald on email@example.com