Clubs have the opportunity to book free Club administration workshops throughout the year. These workshops are interactive sessions and are delivered by an AFL NSW/ACT staff member. While the session is free, the Club is responsible for the costs of room hire and any catering needed for the session. Each session is flexible and can be tailored to your Club’ needs.
- How to Win Grants: This is an in-depth session exploring the grants on offer and how your Club can maximise the chances of being successful in their application.
- Understanding Sponsorship: This session explores what a club should be doing to recruit, manage and retain sponsors.
- Effective Volunteer Management: This looks at how to grow and retain your volunteer workforce. It explores possible avenues for recruitment, information on job description and inductions, how to look after your volunteers during the season and how to recognise volunteers for their commitment.
- Improving Government Relationships: This session looks at the importance of government relationships, the impact the election can have on your club and how to leverage relationships to secure facility developments and other helpful projects.
- Creating a Positive Club Culture: This session explores what club culture is, how it effects your club and how you can establish a more positive club culture.
- Marketing your Club: This session looks at the basic principles of marketing and how your club can better market itself to potential members and volunteers.
- Using Social Media Effectively: This session looks at the basics of social media and how to leverage the benefits to better engage existing and potential members.
- Creating an Inclusive Club Environment: This session explores the importance of creating an inclusive club environment and how to better engage females, people with disabilities, multicultural and indigenous members within your club.
To find out more information, please contact your League Administrator.