Career Opportunity | AFL NSW/ACT
The AFL is an extraordinary force in Australia’s sporting, social and cultural landscape and Our Purpose is to ‘progress the game so everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities’.
From grassroots and community club football, to the elite competition, we work for all levels of the game and believe it is for everyone. We’re about improving and evolving the game, ensuring it continues to be relevant now and into the future.
Our team is more than 1000 strong with people working across Australia and internationally. Our diverse group of people are at the heart of everything we do and bring innovative ideas, new ways of thinking and live our values to ensure the AFL is a successful and high performing organisation.
The AFL currently advertising the role of Regional Manager in the ACT.
Regional Manager – ACT
The Regional Manager – ACT will oversee the broader ACT region encompassing ACT, Upper Lachlan Shire, Yass Valley Council, Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council, Snowy Valleys and Snowy Monaro Regional Council across all pillars of the AFL NSW/ ACT strategic plan including People, Fan & Participants, State & Community Football, Facilities, AFL Clubs and Talent.
Specifically, this position will:
– Provide AFL leadership in the ACT region to deliver key regional priorities
– Develop a high-performance culture for regional staff in line with the AFL’s values and to meet outcomes the business is seeking
– Implement AFL programs through a targeted approach to gain maximum participation levels of our key segments – Club Auskick, After-school Auskick, Community Football & AFL 9’s and implement structured school programs and competitions to build AFL awareness and interest at the base, and enhance transition to club football
– Ensure the long-term commercial viability of the AFL’s involvement in the Philip Oval Management Group
– Work with the AFL clubs to connect participants of the game with fan engagement activities
– Be a positive presence for the AFL brand within a designated “hub” that delivers positive outcomes to all stakeholders
– Oversee the effective governance and management of all junior and senior competitions in AFL Canberra
– Support the future growth and sustainability of local clubs and competitions including managing the AFL Canberra Strategic Advisory Committee
– Support umpiring development, coaching and delivery across all competitions and programs
– Act as the primary AFL NSW/ ACT lead with respect to all local government and facility development matters
– Oversee and deliver commercial partnerships across community football and programs
– Oversee the effective delivery of all diversity and inclusion programs and
Applications close March 4, 2020.
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. The AFL undertakes several screening processes to ensure the appropriate protection of children in its care.
Please note, employment in these positions are subject to the successful candidates holding a Valid Working with Children Check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.