In 2020, AFL NSW/ACT will establish the New South Wales Australian Football Hall of Fame to commemorate the 140 year anniversary of the NSW Australian Football Association.
Inductees of the NSW Australian Football Hall of Fame may cover all levels of football in New South Wales, from the elite to the community, and includes players, coaches, umpires, administrators and media representatives.
The initial Selection Committee is comprised of the following individuals:
- Sam Graham (Chair – AFL NSW/ ACT CEO)
- Ian Granland (Historian and Regional Representative – NSW Australian Football History Society President, former Black Diamond AFL Board member, former AFL NSW/ACT CEO)
- Dr Rodney Gillet (Regional Representative – former NSW AFL President & Commissioner, former Country AFL President, former Convenor of Northern NSW, NSW Australian Football History Society)
- Christine Burrows (Regional Representative – AFL Hunter Central Coast Head Umpires Coach, former BDAFL Head Coach, former Development Coach Sydney AFL, Established Western Sydney Umpire Training Base, Accredited High Performance Umpire Coach)
- Greg Verdon (Regional Representative – former Murrumbidgee Valley Australia Football Association Chair, former Southern Regional AFL Board Chair, former Farrer FL President)
- Yvette Andrews (Inner West Magpies Vice President, Founding member of the Sydney Women’s AFL, former National Women’s AFL Advisory Committee, former GWS Women’s Advisory Committee, 5 x NSW Representative, Premiership Winning Player and Coach)
- Sam Chadwick (AFL NSW/ ACT State Manager Football, Policy & Major Projects)
Cameron Borgas is the non-voting Secretary of the Committee and can be contacted at email@example.com if you have any further questions about the NSW Australian Football Hall of Fame.
Click here for more information on selection criteria and nominations.
Click here to view the NSW Australian Football Hall of Fame Charter.