Volunteers Grants 2016 now open
The Australian Government has just announced that the Volunteers Grants 2016 program is now open and community clubs within NSW and the ACT are encouraged to apply.
These grants aim to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers by providing small amounts of money which clubs can use to help their volunteers.
The funding will help volunteers to do their important work, and the grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 each will allow organisations to buy much needed equipment, such as computers, or help with training volunteers, fuel costs or undertaking background security checks.
Priorities for grant money Applications will be assessed on how strongly they meet one or more of these priorities:
- Organisations/community groups that work with disadvantaged communities. This will be prioritised according to the Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA);
- Organisations/community groups that support individuals and communities experiencing disadvantage. This includes:
- Organisations/community groups located in areas affected by recent major natural disasters (based on disasters listed on the Disaster Assist website occurring between 10 December 2015 to 13 December 2016); and
- Organisations/community groups which engage volunteers from disadvantaged backgrounds. Organisations which help more than one disadvantaged group will be assessed more highly.
- Organisations/community groups that have more volunteers than paid staff;
- A higher number of volunteers who will directly use the items being bought;
- Organisations/community groups with high numbers of volunteers;
- Organisations/community groups with smaller operating budgets; and
- A lower total cost for the requested items.
Grant applications are now open and can be made until 2pm on Tuesday 20th December.
To apply or get more information, please go to https://www.dss.gov.au/grants/grants/funding-open-for-application/volunteer-grants-2016
For more information on the program or for assistance with your application, please contact the AFL’s Community Grants and Venues Manager Matthew Graham on 0416 007 131 or email@example.com