Volunteer of the Year nominations closing soon
Nominations for the AFL NSW/ACT Volunteer of the Year and Merit Awards will close on 30 June 2017.
AFL NSW/ACT have two volunteer recognition awards:
- The AFL NSW/ACT Volunteer of the Year Award; and
- The Merit Award
THE AFL NSW/ACT VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR AWARD
AFL NSW/ACT encourages each club to nominate a volunteer for the AFL NSW/ACT Volunteer of the Year award program using the below form.
Following the nominations process, each League will evaluate the nominations received within their region, and will determine their League’s Volunteer of the Year.
AFL NSW/ACT will then evaluate each League Volunteer of the Year recipient and determine the AFL NSW/ACT Volunteer of the Year.
- Every nominated club volunteer will receive a certificate and a $50 Coles/Myers gift card
- All League Volunteer of the Year winners will receive a certificate and a $200 Coles/Myers Gift card, an engraved plaque and a nomination for the AFL NSW/ACT Volunteer of the Year award
- The final AFL NSW/ACT Volunteer of the Year will receive a certificate and the following prizes:
- 2 x tickets to the 2017 Toyota AFL Grand Final
- 2 x return flights & accommodation for 3 nights (Thurs – Sat) in Melbourne for the 2017 Toyota AFL Grand Final weekend
- The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade
We are looking for all types of volunteers. From the Sausage Turners and Timekeepers, to the Banner Makers and Club Presidents – we want to hear about everyone’s contribution to AFL.
The AFL NSW/ACT Volunteer of the Year Award is awarded to a community football administrator for their outstanding achievement and contribution to their club and/or League. The nominated volunteers will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Positive impact on club/organisation e.g. membership, financial viability, new programs implemented, major events conducted etc.
- Examples of leading initiatives, displaying teamwork, driving innovation, and exercising exceptional leadership
- Mentoring of new volunteers, players and/or club members
- Promoting a healthy club/League culture which provides a fair, safe, and inclusive environment
THE MERIT AWARD
The Merit Award is awarded to volunteers who have provided 10 or more years of outstanding service to community football.
AFL NSW/ACT issues two Merit Awards each year.
- All nominated Merit Award nominees will receive a certificate and a $50 Coles/Myers gift card
- League Merit Award winners will receive a $200 Coles/Myers Gift Card and plaque
- The 2 x AFL NSW/ACT Merit Award winners will receive a certificate signed by AFL CEO, Gillon McLachlan and their name included on the plaque of Merit Award recipients at AFL House in Melbourne
To be eligible for the AFL NSW/ACT Merit Award, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- a demonstrated record of service as a volunteer for a minimum of 10 years;
- has not received a Merit Award previously;
- distinguished service in an area that has been of significant benefit to the club and/or League; and
- demonstrated leadership and development of others within community football.
For more information please contact Jacinta Houston on (02) 8333 8014 or via email@example.com.