Get your Level 3 Coach Accreditation ahead of 2020
Applications for the 2019 and 2020 intake of the Level 3 AFL Coach Accreditation Course are now open.
The Level 3 Coach Accreditation is designed to provide identified coaches with the education and development to prepare them as a performance coach at either AFL, State or Community level. The program is also designed to develop broader leadership skills and competencies required to be successful in other similar high-performance football environments.
The Level 3 Coach Accreditation program aims to develop a set of core competencies required to coach effectively in specific coaching contexts as derived from the International Council of Coaching Excellence.
Criteria for Selection
As Level 2 Coach Accreditation is compulsory in State Leagues and Talent Programs around Australia, the demand for entry into the Level 3 High Performance Course is quite thorough.
Coaches wishing to nominate for the course must meet the following criteria:
1. Hold a current AFL Level 2 Coach accreditation for a minimum of two years
2. Currently coaching in one of the AFL target group programs as listed for the specific stream below:
3. Evidence of a commitment to on-going education will be highly regarded when selecting between candidates of similar merit
4. Preparedness to assist in AFL or State football development programs
5. Endorsement of their Club, Academy or State body (State Coaching Manager)
For more information including processes and price, please see this information document.
Applications will close Friday August 9, 2019. No applications will be accepted after this time.
To apply, applicants will need to complete the online application form and attach any supplementary documents on this link.